Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide. The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Job Title: Call Centre Agents
Reporting to: Call Centre Coordinator
Working with and reporting to the MSION call center Coordinator, the Call Centre Agent is a key member of the Operations Department whose role is considered an important contribution to client satisfaction by providing a prompt, efficient and courteous service to ALL callers. The call centre agent will be responsible for handling calls from new and existing clients regarding a variety of requests. She/he is expected to use her knowledge of MSION services and products, as well as great customer service skills to address clients’ questions, issues/concerns, provide support and offer information as needed to keep clients satisfied and retain/expand MSION business.
- Serve as the first contact person for clients who are calling to the call centre
- Obtain client information by answering telephone calls, interviewing clients and verifying information in a warm, friendly manner; identify the nature of the query; deal with queries, transfer or direct clients as appropriate
- Answer questions, providing information and or referrals as may be required
- Maintain communication equipment in perfect working condition and promptly reports problems
- Update customer records with details of the inquiry and the response as necessary in the database
- Control all calls from clients in effective, professional and caring manner
- Provide all information that required by the caller with regard to the MSION family planning and reproductive health service provision.
- Generate caller interest in the FP services provided by MSION through clinics, social franchising, outreach program and public facility.
- Work as a team with the call centre staff to better serve the clients through providing MSION family planning services.
- Direct the caller to the MSION FP service delivery points based on the type of services required by the caller.
- Develop and maintain a friendly conversation with caller and keep the clients’ information confidential.
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma in nursing or social work from accredited institutions; health background is a MUST
- Interest in FP and RH issues
- Previous experience in call centre agent activity is an advantage
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Six months or more experience in a call centre
- Good interpersonal skills to understand clients’ inquiries/complaints and deal effectively with challenging situations (people who may be worried, frustrated or angry)
- Ability to learn quickly to acquire MSION services and product knowledge in order to effectively respond to client’s questions and concerns
- Willingness to work flexible hours as may be required (evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Proficiency in use of computer and internet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in local language (English plus any 1 or 2 of major Nigerian languages)
- Understanding of the issues surrounding provision of reproductive health care services
- Strong personal commitment to the goals of MSION and to put it into practice
- Respects confidentiality
- Sensitive to people’s cultural and religious sensibilities
- Non judgmental
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 11th August 2015.MSION is an equal opportunities employer.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE / LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.