Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
Support in Network project Expansion and roaming activation. Perform basic switch configuration and roaming activation. Ensure weekly reporting of operational activities, outages and accomplished network improvement.
- Ability to prepare data transcript and execute core configuration command.
- Support in activation of new sites, and new node integration.
- Support in Acceptance test plan (ATP) for new nodes integration.
- Perform daily node backup and alarm monitoring
- Ensure availability of all active network nodes (Core, BSS, Transmission, MPBN, IN and VAS) and its interface links.
- Perform basic routine maintenance and periodic health check on all active nodes (Core, BSS, Transmission, MPBN, IN and VAS)
- Interface with NOC/2nd line support on escalated issues and ensure timely resolution.
- Support to resolve customer’s complaint.
- Support in analyzing fault and investigating root cause.
- Coordination of approved field Activities in your domain
- Support both Software and Hardware upgrade on Network Element.
- Perform weekly reporting of operational activities, outages, Backups alarms and accomplished network improvement.
- Supervise all third party node integration and maintenance activities within your domain
- Provide Emergency/Monthly/weekly network reports
- Collate weekly outages, alarm and backups
- Measure KPIs of Core Networks and report variance.
- Monitor Network node availability
- Ensure adherence to SLA where necessary to ensure Airtel interest is not jeopardize at all times
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications and Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Engineering or any related applied science field.
- At least 4 years Core Networks Operational experience in GSM environment.
- Technical knowledge on Network Switching Systems, MPBN, SIGTRAN, SIP, Transmission, IN and VAS
- Basic troubleshooting skills on Network Elements.
- Experience in different network vendor area, such as Ericsson, Huawei, Tekelec etc.
- Good Team spirit.
- Action oriented.
- Attention to details.
- Personally motivated.
- Proactive spirit.
- Getting it right the first time.
Click here to apply