Communication is always key, it solves a lot of problems and minimizes the tendency of getting your heart broken. But every relationship has had its fair share of communication problems but there are ways of working them out.
For couples experiencing communication problems in their relationships, Heather Jensen of All Women Stalk lists 7 ways you can work it out with your partner.
- Realise your relationship has a problem: The first step to repairing any communication problems in your relationship is actually realizing that your #relationship has a problem. Trust me, it is hard to admit it in the #beginning, but once you do, you'll feel so much better. So, how do you communicate with your Better Half? Does the communication flow free? Think about it!
- Talk a lot: One of the biggest barriers that #people experience when they are dealing with communication problems is the fact that they don't talk. When they do talk, they typically fight. So ladies, if you want to work out your problems with communication, you have to talk them out and actually coordinate some #time to have a conversation with your boyfriend!
- Try a different approach: So nagging and yelling hasn't worked right? Well, why not try a different approach? Trust me, it'll work better and you could always just see if your #boyfriend responses in a different way. For me, the best approach is keeping my attitude and my anger in check.
- Seek help: Just because you are in a relationship and you are happy doesn't mean that your communication is the best in the #world. If you are having communication problems that don't seem to be getting better, it might be #time to seek some professional help. Just because you head to therapy doesn't mean that you are horrible and aren't right for one another, it just means that you need some help to work on your #relationship.
- Do not talk over each other: The biggest thing that I had to learn when I first got into a #relationship was not talking over my Better Half. If you're having communication problems, it's probably because you aren't listening to one another. Take a couple seconds out and really open your ears, instead of trying to get your point across.
- Do not get angry: Just because you aren't communicating the best, doesn't mean that you have to get frustrated. Instead, keep your anger in check and I can problem that it'll be that much better for your #relationship and you won't have nearly as many fights.
- Keep calm: Finally ladies, make sure that no matter what, you stay calm. Blowing up just because of something that your #man says isn't the way to get his attention, or the way to get your point across. Instead, just make sure that you stay calm, cool and collected. Also listen to him. Remember that tip from above? Do it, just listen and you'll be surprised by how much of a difference that makes!