Why work for our Division
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their virtualization strategy and implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The PSO Organization includes Consulting Services, Advisory Services, Project Management, Education Services and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services.
The role of the Consulting team is to provide specialist guidance to our enterprise customers on how best to design, implement and integrate VMware technology. The emphasis of the role changes depending on the Consultant level but is largely focused on; customer facing delivery (70%), IP and best practice creation (10%) and team collaboration (20%).
* Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
* Maintain your knowledge of the core VMware product line as well as your specialist area (End User Computing, Cloud or Cloud Management)
* Independently conduct and manage engagements with our Enterprise customers
* Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
Required skills and attributes
* A high level of energy and enthusiasm
* Multiple years of actively delivering IT infrastructure projects ideally based on VMware technologies.
* Strong documentation and technical writing skills
* Excellent and confident communications and interpersonal skills
* Solid and practical knowledge of VMware vSphere
Certification and Education
* Currently holds the VCP certification and ideally holds VMware DCA/DCD certifications
* Any certifications from vendors such as Cisco, EMC, Citrix and Microsoft are advantageous
Desirable skills and experience
* A broad understanding of the core capabilities of VMware Cloud Infrastructure stack however training will be provided
* Several years’ experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant
* vSphere design experience in medium to large environments
* Experience delivering one or more of the following projects;
o Server or desktop virtualization
o Private/Public Cloud implementation
o Tier1 application migration
o Server consolidation or refresh
* Linux/Solaris administrative knowledge
* Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards including capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
* Experience of automation through the use of scripting
* Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
* Collaboration above isolationism
* Good natured fun
Why work for our Division
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their virtualization strategy and implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The VMware PSO team includes Implementation/Managed Services, Project/Engagement Management, Education Services, Partner Management and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services.
Why work with our Group
As a VMware Consultant, you will lead the largest brand companies on the planet in the transformation of their IT services business. You will help to develop strategy, discover key business, technical, functional, and operational requirements and then design enterprise class architectures that when deployed will provide those customers with fully automated and integrated Iaas, Paas, Saas and ITaas solutions. VMware Consulting Services is a high growth, high challenge, high reward work environment where your personal and professional opportunities have no boundaries or limits and your creativity, energy, and passion are leveraged every day and every week to deliver extremely high value to these very special customers.
Click here to apply