Job descriptionPurpose of the Position
Accountable for developing, managing, co-ordinating, networking, implementing and monitoring an advocacy and communication strategy and associated products and activities on on-going basis with public audiences, with the objective of promoting awareness, understanding, support and respect for children’s and women’s rights, and support for UNICEF’s mission, priorities and programmes in the Nigeria Country Office/media hub, and at a global level and those of the UN Country Team. Oversee the local private fundraising and partnership activities in support of the country programme.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information about the required qualifications and competencies for this position, and instructions on how to apply, please click above on the “Apply on Company Website” button. Application deadline of 10 December 2014.
Found this vacancy through Linked-In? Remember to select “Linked-In” as your Application Source on Tab 7 in the application wizard.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations.*
- Eight years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media.
- International and national work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Fluency in English and another UN language. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
- *A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Click here to apply